The National Identification Authority (NIA) has announced its schedule and guidelines for the 2021 edition of the Recruitment Entrance Examination.
The NIA says “Applicants who successfully submitted an online application through the NIA recruitment portal would receive an SMS notification from the Office of the Head of the Civil Service (OHCS), bearing further details on the examination.”
- Date: Monday, 19th July 2021
- Time: 8:00 am to 9:00 am prompt
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS BEFORE THE EXAMINATION
Applicants are required to use the following to access the Online Examination;
- A desktop / laptop computer with an Internet Browser (i.e. Internet explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari)
- Stable Internet access for the duration of the examination.
Applicants will be provided with a Password. An applicant’s Index Number will be his or her Ghana Card Personal Identification Number (Ghana Card PIN). Upon receiving this, applicants are required to visit the examination portal accessible through the Applications Menu on www.ohcs.gov.gh or www.ohcsexams.com and follow the steps below:
- Click “SIGN IN”
- Type in your “Index Number (Ghana Card PIN)” and “Password” received from OHCS
- Verify your account name
Examination Structure and time
This is a TEST OF COGNITIVE ABILITY (CRITICAL REASONING) AND QUESTIONS RELATED TO THE AUTHORITY. In forty (40) minutes, answer thirty (30) questions. For each question, possible answers have been provided. Applicants are expected to select the best option that agrees with the answer chosen. (Tick your answer).
To participate in the Examination, applicants are required to make a ONE-TIME NON-REFUNDABLE payment of GH¢50.00 as examination fees. Service charges from your network or the service provider applies. Applicants will be notified of the time period to make payments. On the day of payment, refer to the “payment procedure” in item 4.0 below for further details.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS DURING THE EXAMINATION
- Read all instructions carefully
- Read the terms and conditions for the examination and “Tick” the check box at the button of the page to accept terms and conditions for the examination.
- Do Not “CLOSE” or Use the “BACK” button on your Internet Browser once the examination has commenced. This will result in the loss of examination data, which has not yet been submitted. Instead, use the “PREVIOUS” and “NEXT” buttons to move between questions.
- Review your scripts before submitting.
- At the end of the Examination, once you click “submit” you will not be able to go back to make any changes.
- Do not solicit external assistance during the examination. If reported and this is proven, your result will be cancelled.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS AFTER THE EXAMINATION
- For “Multiple Choice” type questions, results are displayed immediately after the examination. Applicants are required to take note of their results and await further directives from OHCS/NIA.
- The NIA reserves the right to use the result of the examination for decision-making.
Payments are to be made through Mobile Money on the OHCS examination portal by following the procedures below;
- Click “SIGN IN”
- Login with your credentials (Index Number and Password)
- Under the All Exam category, Click “Take Exam”
- Click “BUY NOW” and follow the Mobile Money Payment process below
Mobile Money Payment Process
- Click “Mobile Money”
- Select service provider (MTN, Tigo, Airtel, Vodafone)
- Input Mobile Money number
- Click “Submit”
- Authorise payment on your mobile device
- Continue the process on your computer device
- Click “Complete”
NOTE: In case of interruptions during Step “5” of the Mobile Money payments process, you may have to check the approval system of your mobile network, and activate your pending transactions using (AirtelTigo Money – *110#, MTN – *170)
For further enquiries, kindly call: 0302 963 897/ 0302 941 704