Google Pay is a digital wallet related to your Google account. You can use it to send or request money with friends or to pay for things and use it at a store or restaurant with an Android phone or watch running Wear OS.
You can also use your gift cards, loyalty cards, tickets, and coupons with Google Pay when you shop at your favorite stores.
Setting up Google Pay App
The first thing you need to do is get the Google Pay app.
1. Download the app from the Google Play Store to install it.
2. Then Open the Google Pay app, and tap the Get Started button.
3. Tap the Connect to Gmail button and a window will pop up asking for your permission to give Google Pay access to your device’s location. If you don’t have a Gmail account, you can Register and set it up.
4. Google Pay will access your location so it can notify you when you’re in a place that accepts Google Pay or uses your loyalty cards. To use the locate feature, tap the blue-lettered Turn On button at the bottom of the screen.
5. After you are done, open the Google Pay app, where you will find four tabs: Home, Payment, Passes and Send.
6. Go to the Payment tab, and then tap on the Add Payment Method button.
You may be asked to set up a screen lock on your Android device. Google Pay works with PIN, pattern, password, fingerprint, or retinae scanning screen locks. It won’t work with facial recognition or screen locks like Smart Unlock or Knock to Unlock.
Add a debit or credit card
- Open the Google Pay app .
- If you have multiple accounts in Google Pay: At the top left, tap Menu . Tap the Down arrow choose an account.
- At the bottom, tap Payment.
- At the bottom, tap Add Credit or debit card.
- Use the camera to capture your card info or enter the details yourself.
- Next, verify your payment method, choose an option from the list.
After you add a card, you might see a small charge on your account from Google Pay. This charge checks that your card and account are valid. It won’t affect your balance and will go away soon.
Next, your bank will verify your card, and you’ll get a message stating that your lock screen will be used for Google Pay. Once you understand that, hit the blue Got It button at the bottom.
You’ll find yourself on the Verify Your Card screen. Choose where you want to receive the verification number. Depending on your card you can have it sent to either your email or phone number. Once you choose, tap the Continue button.
Send and receive money with Google Pay App
Type it into the field on the Verification Number screen and tap the Submit button.
1. To send cash, open the Messages app.
2. Start a new message, and tap the + button.
3. From there, tap the Google Pay popup window.
4. Tap Continue, enter the amount you want to send, and press the blue Attach money button.
5. After a few seconds you’ll see a tiny square inside your message bubble with the amount of money you entered. Once you’re ready, tap the Send icon.
Send and receive money with Google Pay on Desktop
- On your computer, go to pay.google.com.
- Click Send or request money.
- Click Send money.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Enter your recipient’s name, email address, or phone number.
- Check that the amount and payment method are correct. You can also include a memo.
- Click Send.
- If you made a mistake or changed your mind, you have a few seconds to click Cancel transfer.
Note: Sending money to someone using a debit card or your Google Pay balance is usually the fastest. If they don’t already use Google Pay and don’t claim the payment within 14 days, the money will be returned to you.
This same process works for requesting money.
You can use Gmail to send and request money as well. It’s incredibly easy.
How much you can send
There are limits on how much you can send with Google Pay.
- Single transaction: Up to $10,000 USD
- In 7 days: Up to $10,000 USD
- Florida residents: Up to $3,000 USD every 24 hours.
- Transactions over $2,500: The recipient will need to add a bank account to claim the money.
Download Latest Ghana Music Here