The Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) is a statutory public Trust charged under the National Pensions Act, 2008 Act 766 with the administration of Ghana’s Basic National Social Security Scheme. Its mandate is to cater for the First Tier of the Three-Tier Pension Scheme. The Trust is currently the largest non-bank financial institution in Ghana.
The primary responsibility of the Trust is to replace part of lost income of workers in Ghana due to Old Age, Invalidity or Death of a member where dependants receive lump sum payment. It is also responsible for the payment of Emigration benefit to a non-Ghanaian member who is leaving Ghana permanently.
Note that Members who are currently not working but have ever worked and contributed into the SSNIT scheme, irrespective of the number of months contributed, must visit the nearest SSNIT Branch to be enrolled biometrically.
To register as a SSNIT Contributor, you need to follow the step-by-step guide below;
You will have to produce your Social Security number(s) with any one of the following:
- National Identification Card
- Voters’ ID
- Drivers Licence
- Employer/Employment ID
- National Health Insurance Card
- SSNIT Number (In order to get a portal ID, please go to the nearest SSNIT Branches.)
How to Register and be a SSNIT Contributor
- Visit the SSNIT website https://www.ssnit.org.gh and click the “My Statement” menu or Log onto https://www.ssnit.org.gh/member/
- Click Get Access to open the Sign-Up page
- Enter your Social Security Number, email address, and your place of birth, then Click Sign Up to Register. (In order to get a portal ID, please go to the nearest SSNIT Branches.)
- A message containing your password will be sent to your email address, confirming your registration.
Copy the password and Sign-In