The Electricity Company of Ghana on February 2020 kind courtesy of the Vice President, Dr Bawumia launched their Mobile app called, the ‘ECG Power App‘ on the Google Playstore as well as the iOS Store.
This initiative was taken due to complaints from customers who are unable to walk over to the ECG office or use their online portal to make payments. Now smartphone Users can download the app, create an account, add the meter number, check consumption both daily and monthly on periodic chart, check balance on a ECG account and Pay ECG bills using their Mobile Money accounts.
The app currently supports the purchase of credit via mobile money with MTN, Vodafone and AirtelTigo as payment options.
Currently the app supports prepaid meters namely,
- Nuri (Kamstrup)
- CLOU meters and all postpaid meters.
However there are plans to roll out other prepaid meters in subsequent ECG Power App updates.
In order to purchase prepaid credit, customers would need to have specific meters which have the “Smart” Prepaid Feature. Currently, if your meter is still using the NFC card and doesn’t have the Smart feature, you can’t purchase prepaid credit through the app.
The app currently supports the purchase of post paid credit for post paid meters. You can also add both a post paid and prepaid meter to the app.
How To Pay Bills or Top Up Your Credit Balance using ECG Power App
Below is a step by step guide on how to buy ECG prepaid or pay bills with the ECG mobile app;
- Install the ECG App from Google Play Store or the App Store
- Create a new account on the App with your Email, Phone number and enter a password
- Add your metre number by clicking on the (+) sign. You can add more than one metre number and sign in.
- Tap on the Top-up option to top up your balance
- Select ‘Pay Bills Module’ to pay bills for your postpaid metre
- Enter your Mobile Money Pin Code to Confirm the payment..
- Should you experience errors, wait for a while and try again.
How To Pay Bills or Top Up Your Prepaid using Mobile Shortcode
If you don’t have access to a Smartphone, you can try paying your ECG Bills using the USSD/Mobile Shortcode *226# and follow the prompt.
Follow the Step by Step guide Here